Noble Chapel was designed 1892 by San Francisco architect T. Patterson Ross to be the centerpiece of Cypress Lawn Memorial Park, one of the first garden cemeteries on the West Coast. Damaged by a fire in 2013, the Chapel and adjoining crematory needed extensive rebuilding before they could be reopened for use by Cypress Lawn. Working from an historic assessment that the design team had completed in 2005, the project required complete upgrades to the building systems to meet current codes as well as a full restoration of the interior and exterior of the building. Site improvements included new parking and drop-off areas, lighting for the site and providing disabled access to the Chapel. A new cast stone planter was added to serve as a focal point for the entry courtyard. Plant materials were selected to complement the historic character of the building and the surrounding cemetery.