The Curtner Estate
The Curtner Estate is the remains of a large farm that was started by Henry Curtner in 1868. Designated a primary historic resource by the City, the 1.75 acre site contains the large Italianate Mansion that Curtner built for his family in 1879. Following use as a school and a retirement home, the Estate was purchased in 2000 to be sub-divided for new houses. Working closely with the City Planning Department, the project team developed a site plan which retains the character of the existing house and creates a new residential neighborhood of six single family homes. Landscape improvements included preservation of significant trees, the design of a new garden to compliment the Mansion and landscaping for the new houses.